O.k. So I just had one of those Doh moments (Homer Simpson for those of you who don’t know, not even sure if they still exist) Anyhow I was looking at the Matthew 15:26 (also found in Mark 7:270 where Jesus told the woman that it was not right to take the children’s bread and give it to the dogs, talking about healing. Then instantly I was taken to what is referred to as the “Lord’s prayer” where Jesus in teaching his disciples how to pray states give us this day our daily bread. I really have not thought about this outline for prayer too much because of all the perverted teaching I have heard about it. I had been taught that this was praying for our daily needs like food or any other provision, even including financial. But these teachings always conflicted with me because they conflicted with Jesus who had said to take no thought for these but to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things, our needs,will be added unto us. But the Holy Spirit as usual put the connections together (He is just so awesome) in that we need to pray for our daily bread because we daily need to be reminded or focused on the health or quality of life that Jesus provided through his body broken for us. We are still existing in a mortal body that is subject to attack in this fallen world so we need to daily receive the benefits of being a son of God in making sure this temple is kept healthy. There is no excuse for us as believers to live in a fallen state since Jesus had sacrificed himself to make sure that we do remain subject to the effects on sin. We are not sinners but saints and we are not to be sick but whole.
May 5, 2012
Our Daily Bread Is Jesus' Body
By Thomas Myers
About Thomas Myers
The one thing I enjoy the most is helping people discover their identity in Jesus. As one starts to see who they really are and why they even exist it is so powerful to see them come to life as the bondage that has tied them down over years of false identity is broken off. It is wonderful to be free of guilt, shame and condemnation and experience unconditional love and a value for ones self that is solid and does not waiver based on circumstances. True liberty can only be found in Christ Jesus. View all posts by Thomas Myers
This entry was posted on Saturday, May 5th, 2012 at 9:15 pm and tagged with Blood, Body, Bread, Broken, Communion, Healing, Health, Redemption, Whole, Wholeness, Wine and posted in Articles. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- @smartereveryday Dude you have a super awesome positive personality and if anyone is negative towards you it's beca… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @whiotv It's ridiculous that they would want to get rid of it. 6 days ago
- I will simply say that I hope they change their minds but it's not likely. I don't think children should be forced… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- @ABC22FOX45 @RachelFOX45Now Sad. 1 month ago
- @smartereveryday Explaining this question. J/k. Best of luck. 1 month ago
- I just cannot understand in this day and age why such rallies are still permitted. Coming KKK rally in Dayton promp… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- America must be fickle the most fickle nation. Large groups complaining about the exporting of jobs then turning ar… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- WHIO-TV on Twitter twitter.com/whiotv/status/… 1 month ago